UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
- Master of Arts in Education - Adult Education and Training Emphasis
- Teaching Credential in Physical Sciences
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO
- Graduated with honors in Physiological Psychology, Chemistry and Biology (special topics in biology education)
WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL
- State of California ETN Consultant (Employer Training Network)
- Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
- National Career Development Association
Human Resources Management and Employment Laws Certification
- Original through Kelly Services in 2000; most recently updated through Adecco in 2007
- District 15 PIHRA
- Kelly Scientific Counselor Salesperson and Management Training
- Kelly Services, Inc. Human Resource Training Program
- Eli Lilly Primary Care Specialist (Antidepressants, Cardiovascular, Women's Health)
- Hoechst Marion Roussel Advanced Leadership Training
- Versatile Salesperson and Versatile Coaching
- Principle Centered Leadership
- Stephen Covey First Things First
- Results Oriented Coaching Skills
- Behavioral and Focus Selection Interviewing
- Dealing Effectively with Unacceptable Employee Behavior
- Parke-Davis District Manager/Area Business Manager Training
- Parke-Davis and Hoechst Initial Performance Training
- Professional advisor Cal Poly Pomona MISSA (Management Information Systems Students Association), AMA (American Marketing Association), Pi Kappa Phi fraternity, Westwood College BSA and more...
- Featured on CNN Headline News, Keynote Speaker and more...
- Developed and revised entire scholastic and corporate educational training programs and curriculums
- Worked with a full spectrum of employees - new hires through senior management
- Conducted all initial training performance training classes and continuing performance enhancement workshops. Provided training on an individual and large group basis
- Coordinated recruiting and interviewing from small to large scale (1-1000)
- Provided career counseling and referrals to assist students, alumni, prospective students and individual job seekers with all aspects of the career development process, including; clarifying goals, decision-making, and strategic networking within the chosen industry
- Identified, developed, and coordinated internship and employment opportunities in an array of industries
- Created job postings database and listings for, update continuously, provided ongoing career counseling and information about employment opportunities
- Established extensive relationships and links with a broad range of corporations within biotech, pharmaceutical, IT, engineering, medical device companies, government, academia and more
- Created and oversaw professional skills development programs including workshops, presentations, and seminars
- Produced quarterly reports for the board of trustees, advisory council, faculty, and administration, corporate management
- Created, coordinated and oversaw career fairs, as well as community and professional networking events with thousands in attendance
- Professional Career Development Instructor
- 13,000 hours of post-secondary classroom instruction with classes ranging from 1-2,000+ students age range 18-80
|Orange County One Stop
- Provide curriculum design and instruction at the Orange Count One Stops. Train the trainers for all core workshops including; resumes, interviewing, social media, hidden job market and more.
- Provide Instruction in courses ranging from Success Strategies, Career Development, Human Resources Management and more, for Upland and Ontario locations. Classes are typically 20-30 students ages 18-65 in Bachelor's degree programs.
|Employer Training Network/State of California
- The Employment Training Network (ETN) is a multi-faceted, full-service program created by the Employment Development Department (EDD) to assist in the development and implementation of effective Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs. The ETN is administered by the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) and is funded by the EDD Workforce Investment Division. The goal of the ETN is to provide immediate, short term technical assistance at little or no cost to WIA funded agencies. The process is streamlined and evaluations received for ETN services have been consistently excellent.
|JVS Work Source
||Executive Coach/Career Strategist
- Provide training and counseling to address client and staff needs, including: resume writing, cover letter critique, portfolio development, job development and facilitated training and workshops. Evaluated individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, utilizing assessments (MBTI, Self-Directed Search, Skills/Values Card Sorts), records, mock interviews, and professional sources. Supervised Career Resource Center assisting clients with all aspects of their job and career search. Resulting in placement of clients into careers.
||Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible for successfully developing a Community and University Relations Program from the ground up. This includes, but is not limited to: University outreach and corporate relationship development, development of university recruitment and internship programs with local and national colleges and universities, as well as an overall written recruitment plan manual.
|Cal Poly Pomona
||Associate Director/ Employer Relations Lead
- Responsible for business plan development, staff management, supervision and revenue development for Cal Poly Pomona through the Career Center.
- Developed "Partners Program" to successfully engage employers with the Cal Poly campus, students, faculty and staff.
- Advisor: MISSA, PIHRA, AMA, BAP UBSS, LBSA, BBSA and more.
- Led one of the most successful revenue campaigns to date through March 2011.
- Worked collaboratively with students, alumni, faculty, advancement, fundraising and parents to develop and implement programs.
- Provided teaching, training and counseling on career development, resumes, cover letters, networking, etc. to service 20,000 students and Alumni annually.
- Provided instruction and leadership to Student Development Leadership Institute.
- Managed Career Center staff of 12 plus student ambassadors and interns.
- Consulted to Programs for CSUSB, SDSU, UCR and more.
||Interim Director of Career Services; Associate Director Career Services/Job Development Lead
- Recognized and responsible for the successful placement process of 900 students every 8 months through a staff of 5.
- Exceeded goal of 85% placement.
- Assisted students in securing internships, externships and jobs upon graduation in fields including medical, administrative, technical and more.
- Conducted professional development training such as interviewing skills, resume writing, work place performance and actively pursued all avenues for job development personally.
|FM Resources, LLC
||Principle Consultant - Staffing and Recruiting
- Responsible for the daily operation of an independent Staffing Brokerage, HR and Business Consulting Practice.
- Provided all aspects of vendor management services to the staffing industry.
- Worked extensively to set up and support staffing and recruiting organizations on a consultative basis.
- Trained and supervised staff ranging in size from 1-300.
- Streamlined outside use of recruiters and agencies for client sites - brought staffing and recruiting "in-house."
- Managed all aspect of vendor relationships, including outside negotiations, service delivery expectations and more.
Clients Include:Kaplan College, Allergan Pharmaceutical, Solvay, Ormco, EMAX Labs, Pacific Rim Resources, Matrix Business Group, HMG, City of Hope, TWI, Adecco Medical & Science, Pro Source Lab Pros Inc. Beckman Coulter, Allergan, Cardinal Health and more...
|Kelly Scientific Resources
||Branch Sales and Recruiting Manager
- Directed recruiting, hiring, and credentialing processes for entry through executive level staff positions to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and local laws, OSHA and JCAHO standards, and EEOC regulations.
- Successfully grew office from $1,700,000 in revenue to + $2,400,000 in year 1.
- $2.4M to $4.0M in year 2
- $4.0M to $5.2M in year 3
- $5.2M to $6.8M in year 4
- "Greener Pastures" Award winner for most sales revenue generated in the United States in 2001, 2002, 2004
- Winter Planning (President's Club) Winner 2004- Ranked 7th out of 2,800 offices worldwide
- 2002 and 2003 Kelly Scientific Resources Office of the Year among 180 U.S. offices
- Grew staff from 2 to 10 internally and from 30 to 165 external employees
Area Business Manager/ District Manager
- Number one district manager in country out of 24 for product growth 1998, 1999.
- Only Area Business Manager to achieve Quantum Club level for highest new market share growth for our products 1998, 1999.
- Responsible for directing customer plans through a district of 11 Territory Managers and 250 sales representatives to optimize profits.
- Developed Territory Managers for further responsibilities.
- Responsible for preparing, conducting and implementing continuing medical education training in product, technical and competitive knowledge for management, district trainers and sales teams.
- Presented and implemented all managed care presentations to achieve formulary status for products.
National Training and Development Specialist
- Developed and revised entire educational training program and curriculum for all new hire colleagues.
- Conducted all initial training performance training classes and continuing performance enhancement workshops.
- Responsible for both scientific and sales model training.
- Implemented continuous field training visits to provide ongoing development of all colleagues.
- Member of the National Society of Pharmaceutical Sales Trainers.
- Responsible for sales and promotion of Parke-Davis products servicing physicians, clinics, student health centers, government agencies and medical residency programs, this includes conducting and performing all educational programs, as well as independent marketing.
- 1996 Honor Representative of the Year due to increased market share and colleague development contributions.
- Established territory from #178 to #20 in the nation for sales.